UnMoo Foods is seeking a Production Assistant to join its production team. We are looking for self-starting, motivated and committed individuals.
UnMoo is a sustainable food startup in Richmond, VA that designs and manufactures premium plant based alternatives to animal proteins. Or, as we like to say, we're here to fight climate change with cheese. Our products are always plant based, ethically sourced, and sustainably packaged. UnMoo is best known for our cultured cashew cheeses, melted on pizzas and stocked on shelves around Richmond and beyond. We're so excited to grow our team with dedicated folks excited to take part in our work.
Production Assistants play a critical role in our research and production environment. This position focuses on the prep, production, portioning, and packaging of our products as well as maintaining our production facility and sanitation standards. This position has a short list of requirements and prefers 3-5 years manufacturing or food production experience. As a fast-growing food technology start up, there are ample opportunities for growth within UnMoo as we continue to expand our reach and product lines.
The ideal production assistant loves food, enjoys attention to detail, appreciates sustainable practices, and understands basic food preparation skills. Experience in SQF, HACCP, and GMP are a plus.
- Assist with all steps of the production process, nut to cheese, using our unique processes
- Properly batch, measure, label, and store raw ingredients for production.
- Follow all sanitary and production procedures with careful attention to detail
- Maintain an orderly, clean, and sanitary work area
- Operate kitchen tools and equipment to clean, cut, mix, heat, package food.
- Follow SOPs, SSOPs, HACCP, GMPs, and other standard procedures
- Document and verify activities on checklists and other records
- Neatly and accurately package and label final products for sale
- Perform daily cleaning and sanitation tasks at the start, end, and as needed throughout shifts
- Assist with regular deep cleans and other sanitary procedures for facility management
- Help maintain organizational systems and standards
- Respects teammates by following CDC guidelines inside and outside of work relating to COVID-19.
- Dependable, attentive to detail, and thrives in fast paced environments.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent ( Bachelor’s Degree a plus)
- Speak, read, and understand English (bilingual is a plus so that we are less limited by language barriers!)
- Two+ (2) years of manufacturing, food manufacturing, or back of house food service experience
- Repeatedly lift 50 lbs and stand for long periods
- Learn and follow SOPs
- Accurately complete daily paperwork and checklists
- Maintain hygiene / uniform standards
- Safely to work with tree nuts and other food allergens
- Respect hard work, punctuality, and responsibility
- Communicate openly and regularly
- Work well independently and in a team
- Are positive!
- Position is open to candidates without experience with a proven interest to learn
UMSF is looking for candidates who are dependable, possess a strong attention to detail and can work safely in a fast paced, dynamic production environment.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.75 - $18.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Bonus structure
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
As a food manufacturing company, sanitization of our facility and work space was essential to our success before COVID-19. We have added social distancing guidance and precautions for employees in addition to our existing rigorous sanitization standards.
- Food handling: 1 year (Required)
Please email resume and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line "[Your Name] Production Assistant Application" for consideration. This position will hire on a rolling basis. We're excited to hear from you!